Sunday, February 11

new media: websites

The Ugly- Longscycle: www.longscycle.com

This site epitomises ugly and bad. Just looking at it makes me want to close the window. It reminds me more of a pop-up ad than a website. I didn't even explore the site for fear of seeing more of this. The only thing that somewhat stands out is the COOLMAX Socks yellow box because the color combination is SO bad. I would never buy anything from this site for fear that I wouldn't receive what I ordered.


The Bad- Tampax: www.tampax.com

This website isn't too bad, but one things pushed it over the edge. The navigation bar lists it's options vertical so that the reader has to almost turn his or her head to read the options. Not so good. The content of the site is pretty good, but the navigation needs a lot of work.


The Good- Panera Bread: www.panera.com

I love eating at Panera. The food is amazing, and so is their website. The site has easy navigation and great photos. They make me hungry just looking at them. The overall design is quite simple, but it brings your attention to what is most important, the photos of their food. They also allow you to download a pdf of their menu and give recipes of some of their favorite dishes.

No comments: